Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Shoe Triumph


Anthro-

Tomato Picking Skirt
Building Blocks Top
Currencies Necklace

J Crew Cardi
Report "Yates" Oxford Pumps

So, I have problem feet (warning- TMI ahead). Basically, I have ever-so-slightly-wide feet. Years of trying to cram my feet into cute but cheap shoes in my 20s caused me to develop bunions- ew. I had surgery on my right foot last year (well documented here with my hideous recovery shoe.) I need to be very careful about my footwear because I have no intention of going through that again. The problem is, I am so over wearing ugly grandma shoes. I bulked up my summer/spring shoe wardrobe pretty well this year- plenty of comfy but cute wedges.

But now, of course, cold weather is upon us and I'm feeling the need to diversify my winter options. In the past couple of weeks, these, these, and these have all been ordered and returned. I just been having awful horrible no good very bad luck with shoes. So yesterday, these and the lovelies on my feet got delivered. The Seychelles will be getting returned but I am soooooooooooooooo happy with these nerdy-chic oxford wedges, even after teaching on my feet all day today. I might even order them in blue. I have to wait for my Black Friday haul to get here. My trick is I ordered a full size UP in all the boots- I find in boots I don't mind if they are a little loose because my heel won't slip out the back. Oh yeah, these are on their way as well. So, things are hopefully starting to look up in shoe-land!

P.S. And I'm still on the fence about these - I need to try a heel grip and see if they work.

No comments:

Post a Comment