Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The long and shorts of it

Anthro-Underexposed Tank
Gap Boyfriend roll-up shorts
Target undertank
Roxy flip flops


Shorts, shorts, shorts. We have a love-hate relationship. Being a teacher, I have the summer off which basically means I don't have to wear real clothes for 3 months. Being a woman with the typical body hang-ups, I am crazy-picky about the exact millimeter of thigh that shorts hit at. I'm too old and too self conscious about my upper-thigh area to do booty shorts. I've worked too hard to keep my weight down to do grandma shorts. My typical standby for summer shorts is Bass Pro (my dirty little secret I've admitted here before) but even they failed me. I tried on shorts at Anthro (did bring home one pair that has potential if I let out the hem), Target and Old Navy...I know that isn't the be all end all of stores but I also refuse to pay more than about $40 for shorts because, THEY'RE SHORTS! I was about ready to go home in frustration when I decided to brave the mall. And like manna from heaven, these little treasures were waiting for me. They fit perfectly in the waist without pinching, I can adjust the leg length and they come in about 398 colors. Neon orange, neon pink, "active blue" and lavender currently live with me. Southern turquoise and deep guava may be my next acquisitions. So anyhow, I now feel like I can comfortably brave the summer while at least making some attempt to still have some style.


No comments:

Post a Comment